Dr G’s Chocolate Lava Cake
1 omega-3 egg
1 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 Tbsp coconut cream
1⁄2 tsp vanilla extract (although this time of year, I like to swap vanilla for peppermint, which tastes fun and festive)
2 Tbsp Swerve sweetener
2 Tbsp natural cocoa powder
1 tsp almond flour
1∕8 tsp baking soda
A pinch sea salt
100% avocado oil spray
1 Tbsp cacao nibs or Lilly’s stevia chocolate chips
1. To start, whisk together your egg, coconut oil, coconut cream, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
2. From here, add your Swerve sweetener, cocoa powder, almond flour, baking soda, and a pinch of sea salt to the bowl. Then whisk everything together to combine.
3. Next, spray a microwave-safe mug with avocado oil spray. Then pour your mixture into the mug and microwave for 40 seconds.
4. Then, in bursts of 5 to 10 seconds, continue to heat your lava cake in the microwave until it has your preferred consistency.
5. Sprinkle the top of your cake with a Tbsp of cacao nibs.
This chocolate lava cake is a healthy treat.
It’s gooey, chocolatey, and made with wholesome ingredients that won’t set you back on your fitness goals.
After all, the polyphenols in cocoa help support your heart…
While the omega-3 egg is a great source of protein and healthy fats to keep you feeling full…
Not to mention, this cake is naturally sweetened and contains no added sugar, no aspartame, and no sucralose either (so your waistline will thank you).
So if you’re ready to whip up something new — with a dessert that’s low in sugar and “gut friendly” — feel free to give this recipe a try.
Sent from my phone with Blog This WOW